March 12, 2012

Excerpt from my short story



Some of you will recall a while back when I had posted an excerpt from a short story. The following is part of my finished short story that is currently going through the editing phase. The concept is pretty much the same as the one mentioned above so if there are any similarities it's because this is the evolution of that story. This should give an example of how it is written without giving away anything that would compromise the plot. Oh, and there's a surprise ending too.



Several months after first meeting Catherine we began seeing each other. The romance evolved naturally over many small visits. We found that we had a certain chemistry; that her nascent passion mixed freely with my bottled potential. Simply put, the two of us were compliments, covering for each other’s faults. We revelled in our time together.
            We were passionate in all the ways of life, including the bed chamber.
            One night, after Catherine and I had gotten closer, I had invited her to a ball to be held in the palace celebrating the zenith of the moon’s cycle in summer. It was the most popular event of the summer and I wanted to share it with her. I had so many fond memories of the event as a child, both for the pleasure derived from the event itself and the mischief I frequently got into whilst attending it.
            Feeling particularly sly, I was wittier than usual and Catherine seemed impressed. I wasn’t sure if it was due to my wit or the fact that I was happier than I normally would have been, excited for one of my favorite days of the year. Either way, Catherine seemed particularly amenable to my affections.
            Between dances I took her into a dimly lit corner of the hall.
            “Come here, I want to show you something,” I said. It was the place which I’d launched many mischievous schemes from as a child; one such scheme involving pelting one of our most beloved dukes with stink balls launched from that very same dark corner by slingshot. My father was furious when he found out it was my doing and restricted my activities for two weeks. Still, the novelty of it was more than worth it in the end.
            “A dark corner?” she asked curiously.
            “Very astute,” I teased, putting one hand on the small of her back and pushing her up against a pillar. I drew close to her and could feel her breath quickening, small bursts blowing on my lips. “Actually, I just couldn’t wait to get you alone.”
            I kissed her lips gently, teasing her with half-kisses and finally moving to her neck where I began to kiss her more passionately as I moved to undo her bodice.
            “Claude,” she gasped, seemingly both surprised and aroused. “Claude! Not here. Let’s go somewhere else.”
            I smiled. “I thought you’d never ask.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment