September 11, 2011

Believe

A lot of people who know me would claim that I am a man who has no faith. They are partially right. I don't believe in a God persay, I don't subscribe to the notion that supernatural forces completely govern our life like some sort of fate. But I am a man of faith. I simply have faith in more solid concepts.

I've got faith in myself. I think it's the most important kind to have. No matter what happens to me I've got that boundless self-confidence and will always have some enthusiasm for trying to be better than I am.

People make a lot of mistakes. I often wonder things like, "Do they realize how stupid they're being?" Maybe they just can't see it from behind their faces. I don't know; I'm no fortune teller. But if I had to guess I'd say that people screw up because they don't believe in themselves. There's a lingering uncertainty there deep within, plaguing their decision-making process. It impedes their ability to see the obvious. It impedes their ability to see right and wrong.

I guess that all goes into perception too (as many things on this blog do). You might read this and think I'm being overly critical since no person has the ability to take everything from other perceptions and apply that to their own decisions. Maybe I am being critical. I do, however, think that I'm being reasonable. Especially if I know the person in question. If someone is making a decision that can potentially affect me down the road I want that decision to be made in the best confidence.

I think we need to stop looking to outside elements as a crutch and a source of strength. We need to look within. So many people can't see what's right in front of them. There's a lot of power there. People have the power to do good and change the world. Not the whole world, but someone's world. And sometimes changing one person's world means you saved that world. In that respect, I know I'm going to save the world someday. I believe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment