September 29, 2011

Embracing Positivity

I have been in a fantastic mood for about a week and a half to two weeks now. I know we all have a tendency to focus on the negative things that happen to us rather than the positive ones so I thought I'd do a little piece on this to counter-balance the natural flow a little bit.

The first thing you're probably wondering is "why?" I have no idea. There was no cause. Nothing happened. Nothing triggered it - Nothing I was aware of anyway. All of a sudden I woke up one morning and felt like, "yes!" All of the negative things I had been focusing on seemed like distant memories and in their place, I was filled with happy thoughts and looking forward to all the positive things. That's how I want to be all the time. Only focusing on the positive things that happen and completely disregarding negative things because they don't do me any good in the long run. It's put me in a great mood and my self-confidence (which was already way higher than is healthy) is now rocketing into the stratosphere.

It's not like I'm blissfully unaware of negative things that go on around me, I just don't care about them. I see bad things happening to or around me and I think, "Just forget it, man. It's only going to bring you down so why focus on it?" I've thought of a decent way of putting it: Letting go. You have to let go of all the negative things, embrace the positive things. Otherwise, what's the point? Who in their right mind would want to go through a life focusing on negative things the entire time? Not me. That would be depressing. Life is a never-ending string of infinite possibilities.

A lot of you might be thinking, "Yeah, sure. He'll never manage to keep up this attitude." You're absolutely right. At some point, something incredibly shitty will happen that will make me depressed for a while. But eventually I'm going to get over it and focus on the good again. How you see things is a choice. It doesn't have to be one way or any other way. It can change and you can change it to suit you. Our beliefs affect how we act, how we act obviously affects those around us. If you've got a chip on your shoulder, I don't think people are going to be lining up to eat it. But if you can exude a little positivity, maybe - just maybe - you can hook up with some other elements that make your life more positive. Kind of like trading benefits.

0 comments:

Post a Comment